Thursday. 30.06.2022
WORK IN SPAIN

Spanish Social Security registers 22,512 more foreign contributors

The largest national groups of foreigners employed in Spain are those from Romania, Morocco, Italy, China and Venezuela.
People working in an office. Photo: Pexels.
People working in an office. Photo: Pexels.

The Spanish Social Security institution registered a total of 2,329,176 foreign contributors in January, once seasonality and the calendar differences have been discounted.

This is 22,512 jobs more than the previous month (0.98%), according to fresh data released by the Spanish Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration.

With this increase, there are already 139,755 more foreign workers than in February 2020, before the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, following eight consecutive months of growth.

In average terms and without seasonal adjustment, Social Security had 2,240,156 foreign contributors in January, of which 782,195 came from EU countries (34.92%). Another 1,457,961 workers (the remaining 65.08%) were from third countries. There are 29,650 contributors less than in December.

The largest national groups of employed persons are those from Romania (327,169), Morocco (285,569), Italy (138,474), China (106,549) and Venezuela (104,431).

Of these, 56.69% were men (1,269,959), while 43.31% were women (970,197).

By scheme, activity branch

By schemes, the majority of foreigners are affiliated to the General scheme, a total of 1,851,431 people. This includes the Special Agrarian System, with 231,005 employed, and the Domestic Workers System, with 164,848. The average decrease in the General Scheme was 1.51%.

On the other hand, the number of foreigners in the Self-Employed scheme (Autonomos, in Spanish) decreased by 0.31% in the last month, and the total fell to 384,885.

The government highlights the increase in foreign employees in Information and Communications (1.08%), Agriculture, Livestock, Hunting, Forestry and Fishing (0.72%), Extractive Industries (0.40%) and Financial and Insurance Activities (0,21%).

By regions (autonomous communities), the affiliation of foreigners increased in Andalusia (0.44%) and Murcia (0.22%) and decreased in the others.

Spanish Social Security registers 22,512 more foreign contributors
Comments