Finnish broadcasting company (Yle) informed today that the Helsinki police department has submitted a verbal request to the city's district court for a remand hearing to be held regarding murder charges of the main suspect in last Tuesday afternoon's shooting.
The police previously informed that the incident occurred at the intersection of Hietalahdenkatu and Porkkalankatu, in Helsinki´s central district of Kamppi. The shooting left two persons injured and a 32-year-old man arrested for attempt of murder.
Yle reported today that, according to the information obtained by its news service, the suspect is a man with Kosovan Albanian background resident in Vantaa and the CEO of a capital-area construction firm founded in 2014. A firm that, according to Yle, has reportedly seen increased business in recent years and had a turnover of one million euros last year.
Two of the victims of the shooting were hit by the gunfire and had to be taken to a hospital, while a third target escaped physically unharmed because the bullet did not hit him, the police informed. All three of those targeted in the incident were born in the 1990s, the police said in a press release.
Helsinki District Court said the suspect's remand hearing is scheduled for Friday, Yle informed.