Tuesday. 18.06.2024

Are you planning to visit Finland to do some seasonal work? If you come from a visa-free country to work for less than three months, you must apply for a certificate for seasonal work at the Finnish Immigration Service.

The Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) recommends to use the online service Enter Finland to apply for this kind of certificate. Applying online is the fastest and cheapest way to get a certificate for seasonal work.

According to the instructions published by Migri on its latest customer's bulletin, in order to get the certificate you have to do following:

1. Start by creating a user account in the e-service Enter Finland. You can access the service by clicking HERE

2. Make sure you have all the necessary attachments. You must have at least the following documents:

  • A colour copy of the passport page containing personal data and copies of all passport pages with notes.
  • The form TY6_plus, filled in by your employer. Yow can download it from HERE
  • If you have more than one employer, you must send the same attachments from all of them.

3. Fill in your application in the e-service. Add the attachments.

4. Pay for your application. You can pay the processing fee:

  • With the most common credit cards.
  • With Finnish online banking codes.
  • By a bank transfer to the account of the Finnish Immigration Service (FI5050000121502982).
  • Write your name and your employer’s name in the message field. Attach a receipt of the payment to your application. The receipt must be in English, Finnish or Swedish language.

5. Follow the processing of your application in Enter Finland.

  • In the e-service, you will see whether your application has been processed.
  • You can see if we have requested additional information from you. If additional information is needed, you will also get a text message.

6. You will receive a notification by e-mail or text message when your application has been processed.

If you need more official information about coming to Finland for seasonal work, you can get it HERE

And you can read our quick guide for seasonal work in Finland HERE

You can also check a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the seasonal work in Migri's website by clicking HERE

How to apply for a certificate for seasonal work