The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) reported on Saturday that 55 further coronavirus infections have been diagnosed in Finland in the last 24 hours.
With these, to date, 210 cases of coronavirus (koronavirus, in Finnish) have been diagnosed in the country since the crisis started.
The recent increase in the number of cases (156 new diagnoses in three days) has led the Government to announce a list of measures and recommendations to prevent further spread and to guarantee public safety.Source: THL.
New cases reported on Saturday
- There were 36 cases in the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District.
- There are 6 cases in the Northern Ostrobothnia Hospital District.
- There are 2 cases in the Hospital District of Southwest Finland.
- There are 3 cases in the Pirkanmaa Hospital District.
- There are 2 cases in the Central Finland Hospital District.
- There are 2 cases in Satakunta Hospital District.
- 1 case in South Savo Hospital District.
- 1 case in the Lapland Hospital District.
- 1 case in the Central Ostrobothnia Hospital District.
- 1 case in the North Savo Hospital District.
THL says Covid-19 testing is done around the clock, so not all cases reported in the previous day may be reflected in the following day's statistics.
Hospital districts and local health authorities will continue to investigate the situation with the National Institute for Health and Welfare.
So far, a total of 210 coronavirus infections have been detected in Finland.
Health authorities say they will monitor the international situation and update the information.