Danish Prince Joachim, the 51-year-old youngest son of Queen Margrethe II, has been discharged from a French hospital after undergoing an operation for a blood clot in the brain, the palace said on Tuesday.
The prince left the University Hospital of Toulouse on Monday, and was now at the queen's estate, Chateau de Cayx, in Cahors, southern France, the palace said.
He underwent surgery at the Toulouse hospital early on July 25.
A week ago, the palace said that doctors did not believe the prince will have any physical effects or other injuries as a result of the blood clot.
The prince moved to France last year with his French-born wife, Princess Marie, and their two children after he was invited to attend France's highest ranking military leadership training course at the Ecole Militaire defence college in Paris.
He graduated in June.
Earlier in June, the prince was appointed military attache at the Danish embassy in Paris. He was set to begin his three-year appointment in September.
Joachim is sixth in line to the throne, following his older brother, Crown Prince Frederik, and Frederik's four children.
A few days before he was admitted to hospital, Joachim and other members of his family were at Chateau de Cayx to celebrate the 18th birthday of Prince Felix, one of Joachim's two sons from his previous marriage to Countess Alexandra.